License | Types and themes | Technicalities | Submitting
Released for free. All the arts, comics, photographies, written stories and poems in the black fog zine are reserved copyright to their respective creators. All else is under the following license under the (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).
In depth here.
Submissions for issue #3
Types of submissions we accept:
- Art, avant-garde, alternative, comfy, nature, melancholy, food, aesthetics, weird fiction, dystopia, cyberpunk, nihilism, horror, computers, dreams, philosophical pessimism, dark humour, retro.
If you're not sure if your works will fit the zine, contact mtk on discord or send a sample of your work through email.
- Preferably A4 (Zine is in A4 format, keep that in mind for comics in other formats could need to be trimmed.)
- Preferably black and white, but we accept coloured works as well.
- RGB/Greyscale .png Alpha transparency instead of white IF POSSIBLE(if not, .jpeg CMYK is allowed). General idea is, zine pages are slightly yellowish, not pure white. (fffef9, or R 255 G 254 B 249, to be exact.)
Various illustrations, paintings (photos of such), pixel arts, glitch arts etc.:
- 300dpi/big enough to don't have to be scaled UP to fit on page
Short stories, poems, haiku:
- Any text file. Properly formatted the way you want it to be displayed.
- If an image: 300dpi/big enough to don't have to be scaled UP to fit on page.
- If a text: Any text file. Properly formatted the way you want it to be displayed.
- Properly formatted the way you want it to be displayed, with a specific font of your choice.
Submitting the work
If you're not sure, your comic is not yet done, don't rush, take your time, send it when it's ready.
Every submission can be send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Manga/comics having more than one page must be zipped. Please send text as files, with proper formatting.
Other types of submissions can also be send by a private message on discord to mtk.
Every submission must also contain information about title of the work (or lack of) and information how you want to be mentioned (full name, nickname, anonymous etc.)
Every person contributing to the zine is mentioned in the issue on contents/staff lists, but some works because of their nature can end as a part of layout. For example, submitting a photography, if it ends up as a background for a short story, you will be mentioned in the staff list as one of the illustrators only. Please keep that in mind when submitting your work.
If your submission gets accepted we can add a link to your website. Don't forget to send your link if you're interested.
Still more questions? Contact mtk on discord or send an email.